QICPIC/R is a modular high speed image analysis sensor and its principle is the dynamic shape analysis. It has high speed CMOS camera with up to 4.2 MPixels and up to 500 frames per second for the acquisition of particle numbers up to 100,000,000 per measurement. The resulting particle size and shape distribution offers high accuracy and unrivalled low statistical errors.
With QICPIC particle sizes between 0.55 µm and 33,792 µm are measured. A high performance data compression software supports the grabbing of up to 500 images per second. This ensures high statistical quality of measurement results in short analysis time. For the optimum adaptation to the application, QICPIC/R can be combined with a variety of dispersers, such as RODOS, GRADIS, and FIBROS (dry), MIXCEL, LIXELL (wet), or OASIS (dry & wet).
- Particle size and shape analysis from 0.55 µm to 33,792 µm.
- Adaptable to the application / product due to the modular instrument set-up.
- Efficient dispersion instead of software-based particle elimination or correction.
- Quasi-static image analysis in a high speed particle flow.
- Clear outline of particles, independent of the position in the measuring zone.
- Definite borders of particles, black outline, even for transparent particles.
- Very low statistical errors due to very high particle numbers.
- User defined class limits out of 100,000 primary size classes, free definition of sampling points,
- pre-defined set of size classes are shipped with the software (e.g. HELOS classes, sieve classes, etc.)
- A large number of evaluation modes are available,
- evaluation modes are selectable even after the measurement:
- particle size: basing on equivalent sphere, equivalent perimeter, enclosing rectangle, minimum, maximum, and average Feret diameter.
- particle shape: sphericity, aspect ratio, convexity.
- fibre evaluation: fibre length, volume based fibre diameter, straightness, elongation even of complex structures.
- particle gallery: displays and prints a user defined selection of particles along with definable characteristic data
- user specific evaluation: performs the evaluation of particle size and shape only on particles matching user defined filter conditions.
- QICPIC/R fulfils the security requirements of the FDA and is compliant to 21 CFR Rule 11 and ISO 13322-1, 2
|Overall measuring range||0.55 μm to 33,792 μm||0.7 µm bis 24,192 µm|
|Optical modules1)||up to 4 discrete measuring ranges per lens holding disk|
|M3 (10:1) | 0.55 - 1,126 μm||M3 (10:1) | 0.7 - 1,210 μm|
|M4 (5:1) | 1.1 - 2,253 μm||M4 (5:1) | 1.4 - 2,419 μm|
|M5 (3:1) | 1.83 - 3,755 μm||M5 (3:1) | 2.3 - 4,032 μm|
|M6 (2:1) | 2.8 - 5,632 μm||M6 (2:1) | 3.5 - 6,048 μm|
|M7 (1.3:1) | 4.2 - 8,665 μm||M7 (1.5:1) | 4.7 - 8,064 μm|
|M8 (1:2) | 11.0 - 22,528 μm||M8 (1:2) | 14 - 24,192 μm|
|M9 (1:3) | 17.0 - 33,792 μm|
|Light source2)||λ=532.3 nm (green), pulse duration < 1 ns|
|Detector resolution||2,048 x 2,048 Pixel||2,336 x 1,728 Pixel|
|Pixel size||5.5 x 5.5 μm2||7.0 x 7.0 μm2|
|Frame rate||85 fps @ 4.2 MP||175 fps @ 4.2 MP||500 fps @ 4.0 MP|
|170 fps @ 2.1 MP||355 fps @ 2.1 MP|
|225 fps @ 1.5 MP||500 fps @ 1.5 MP|
|Data rate||5 GBit/s||12.5 GBit/s||25 GBit/s|
|Interface3)||1x USB3||2x CXP-6||4x CXP-6|
|Evaluation||application software WINDOX 5, release 5.8.1 and up|
|particle size | equivalent sphere or perimeter,|
|enclosing rectangle, Feret diameter|
|particle shape | sphericity, aspect ratio, convexity|
|fibres | length, diameter, straightness, elongation|
|Compliance||FDA CFR 21 Rule 11, ISO 13322-1/2|
|Safety values||chamber pressure < 0.5 bar, vacuum inside fall shaft|
|Dispersing units||dry | RODOS/L, GRADIS/L, FIBROS|
|wet | LIXELL, MIXCEL|
|dry/wet | OASIS/L|