Thermo Scientific POA
The Gemini Analyzer is the first and only integrated Raman and FTIR handheld instrument in the world, providing complementary and confirmatory testing in a single, field-portable device.
Raman and FTIR are highly specific and reliable identification methods. By integrating both into a single analyzer, operators harness the power of each technology while enabling a broader range of chemical identification.
Gemini is designed for rapid, accurate identification of unknown chemicals directly in the field and identifies;
Explosives, Toxic industrial chemicals (TICs), Chemical warfare agents (CWAs), Narcotics and precursors, And more, in liquid, solid and powder form.
- Lightweight and compact
- Built for field use,
- Enables operators to quickly switch between analysis techniques.
- Leverages both Raman and FTIR technology to address a broader range of samples than either technique alone.
- Identifies unknown solids and liquids, from explosives and chemical warfare agents to industrial chemicals and precursors using a comprehensive onboard library.
- Includes a motorized anvil which adjusts sample pressure based on user settings.
- Features Raman and FTIR Scan Delay to allow users to leave the hazard zone before initiating a scan.
- Guides the operator through technology selection and sampling with Scan Assist.
- Customizable Profiles allow the operator to set scan parameters based on the sample, scenario and their situational awareness
- Minimizes user error and eliminates subjective user interpretation.
- Requires minimal training for proficiency.
|Size||256 x 146 x 61 mm|
|Spectral Range||FTIR: 4000 650 cm-1 RAMAN: (785nm) 250cm-1 - 2875cm-1|
|Spectral Resolution||FTIR: 4 cm-1 RAMAN: 7 - 10.5cm-1 (FWHM)|
|Collection Optics||FTIR: ATR Diamond Crystal RAMAN: Fiber optic prob|
|Survivability||MIL-STD-810G and IP67|
|Operating Temp||-20°C to +50°C|
|Power Supply||Internal 3.7v lithium polymer (QTY) battery pack, Internal CR123A (QTY 3) batteries, DC wall adapter, 12v DC 1.25A|
|Data Export||SPC file (for use in stadard spectroscopic software), text or PDF|